Bulletproof Coffee is not your average latte, it’s a high-performance drink that has a massive impact on your energy and cognitive function. Bulletproof Coffee has helped everyone from driven CEOs to professional athletes to busy parents increase their energy so they can do more of what fulfills them.
- It all starts with the beans. Brew 1 cup (8-12 ounces) of coffee using filtered water with 2 ½ heaping tablespoons of freshly ground Bulletproof Coffee Beans. Use a French Press for ease of use and to preserve beneficial coffee oils that paper filters keep out.
- Add 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons of Brain Octane Oil. You’ll learn much more about Brain Octane Oil below, but keep in mind that this stuff is powerful. Start with 1 teaspoon per cup and work your way up to 1-2 tablespoons over several days.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of grass-fed, unsalted butter or grass-fed ghee. You read that right. It says butter. Don’t worry. This mixture also makes the creamiest, most delicious cup of coffee you’ve ever had. Oh, and make sure your butter is unsalted. Salty coffee is gross.
- Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it looks like a foamy latte.
Drink Bulletproof Coffee instead of eating breakfast
Starting your day with cereal, granola, oatmeal, toast, fruit, or another carb-heavy breakfast staple spikes your blood sugar. You’ll get a quick burst of energy, but by mid-morning your blood sugar will crash, and you’ll be hungry, tired, and unfocused. Starting your day with Bulletproof Coffee, on the other hand, gives you three things:
- Suppressed hunger. Brain Octane Oil balances ghrelin and CCK, your hunger hormones, keeping you full until lunch.
- Steady lasting energy. The saturated fat in grass-fed butter slows the absorption of caffeine, which gives you even energy for several hours instead of a caffeine spike and crash. No jitters, either.
- Mental clarity. Brain Octane rapidly converts to ketones, a type of molecule that your brain uses more efficiently than carbs or sugar. Pair ketones with the slowly releasing caffeine and you can literally feel your brain turning on.
Team Ted was excited to try the butter coffee after hearing about it on the radio. We ordered all of the supplies hoping it would help fix our mid day crash and stop our frequent trips to Starbucks. Trying it the first time we followed the directions and measurements exactly. While it was not awful we felt as though maybe we added a little too much grass fed ghee, which gave it an oily and buttery taste. Determined to like it we made another serving a few weeks later – this time not following the directions as closely, adding less of the grass fed ghee and more coffee. The taste was better, however, it still seemed to have the oily and buttery taste that we did not like first time. After continuing work and going about our days we did not feel that it gave us much more energy. While this was disappointing because of all of the wonderful reviews we read online we are interested to see if any of you have your own special ways of making buttered coffee…until then it looks like our Starbucks trips will continue.
Read more about Bulletproof Coffee here