1. Home Design 3D: For drawing rooms, testing out furniture all in one app (some features like saving designs and 3D-viewing require upgrades.)
2. Roomscan Pro: For creating floor plans just by touching your phone to each wall or by scanning the floor with your phone camera (iOS 11 only).
3. magicplan: For creating floor plans from photos of a room.
4. Photo Measures: For saving measurements directly on your own photos.
5. Handymobi: For organizing home improvement projects, browsing and sharing DIY project ideas; a free toolbox includes a unit converter, level tool, and calculator.
6. Tap Painter: For visualizing paint colors (from major brands like Benjamin Moore, Behr, Sherwin Williams, and more) on interior spaces.
7. Houzz Interior Design Ideas: For access to over 15 million high-resolution photos of design ideas, plus new features like “View in My Room 3D” (virtually try out over 9 million products in your own home) and “Sketch” (add products, notes, and collaborators to photos on Houzz.)
8. Pinterest: For discovering and organizing design and decor ideas (including those found on Curbed!)
9. Chairish: For buying and selling pre-loved home decor, vintage furniture, art, and more; a “preview” feature lets you see items in your space.
10. Palette Cam: For creating color palette from phone camera photos.
11. Hutch: For virtually trying out curated decor styles in your space just by taking a photo.
12. iHandy Level: For a general purpose level right in your pocket.
13. Home Improvement Calcs: For over 250 home improvement calculations and unit conversions in one app.
14. Handyman Calculator: For all kinds of construction calculators and conversions.
15. HomeAdvisor: For discovering and comparing contractors and instant bookings.
16. Smith: Home Remodel, Improvement & Repairs: For getting multiple bids from pre-screened contractors within 24 hours.
17. Thumbtack: For recommendations on contractors for all sorts of home-related jobs.
18. Havenly: For working with a professional interior designer on your project; chat with a designer for free or book a custom project starting at $79.
Article orginally posted by Curbed