Below are the goals that I set for myself back in January for 2013. Let's see how I did!
- Increase my sales to over $10 million (Sales of $18,370,003. About twice as much as in 2011! 60% from my listings and 40% from Buyers. This is about 4% of the total transactions in the St. Louis and surrounding counties area. I hope that I will be in the top 20 this year in the St. Louis Business Journal.)
- Further create awareness of the Pike County area (Created www.pikecountyliving .com I did sell two properties (lots of listings) in Pike County and one in neighboring Lincoln County. Wait until 2013! I have some fabulous Pike County listings coming! You may ask, "Why are you focusing on Pike County?" As you may know, my family has a farm up there and I want to promote the area. It is a little like pro-bono work.)
- Host another Pike County ramble for the Landmark Association…this time up to Louisiana, MO (Done! Great trip!)
- Improve my property videos to be even better (Well my video production did suffer from me being busy with sales and switching to an iMac. The iMac should make it easier. I also plan to buy a Swivl that will be a great video tool for my iPhone….it has a remote microphone and will move my iPhone to follow me as I narrate.)
- Form a Bernoudy Society to host an annual gathering at a Bernoudy home for Bernoudy owners and enthusiast (I never did this, though talked about it. I think my move into my own Bernoudy home side-railed this initiative.)
- Get more publicity for my listings in local and national media (My Compton Heights mansion for sale was in the New York Times on-line site for "What you can buy for $800,000". The Ladue News selected by Bernoudy listing on 18 acres in Town and Country for their Decorator's Show House. HGTV did picture one of my Pike County listings in their new magazine. HGTV also contacted me about my water treatment and church buildings in Louisiana, MO for their show, "You Live in What?" I could not scrounge up before pictures, so they could not shoot the episode.)
- Create logos for www.stlouisstyleblog.com and www.pikecountyliving.com (I did have two separate designers create logos for my brand. I need to talk further with one of the designers to fine-tune the logo.)
- Hire an assistant/Buyer's agent (Licensed Realtor, Kelli Graf, started helping me in April 2012. She has been great and some of my clients like her better than me! I guess that is a good thing.)
Some other 2012 achievements:
- Hosted the Sheldon's Architectural Tour reception at my Town and Country Bernoudy Listing.
- Opened my own home to Modern STL for their annual Holiday Party. Big crowd! 70 people. This was a great test for my house and parking to see what it could handle.
- Started to appear on shopping carts at the Schnuck's at Ladue Crossing.
- Put the endangered Daniel Rd Bernoudy under contract….still waiting on the appraisal.
Come back and see what goals I am setting for 2013!